Sunday, August 21, 2011

Things that go Pink in the Night




"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Interesting color, pink. Add a bit of white to a strong, roaring red and voila, you've
got a soft, purring pink. I didn't care much for the color pink as a child, which seems odd because these days pink seems to be every little girl's favorite color. But in that crystalline moment 43 years ago when a nurse first brought me my newborn daughter all wrapped up in a pink blanket, I was hooked. She was pink from the top of her little bald head to her plump little feet, and just like that, I was in love with pink.
So today, in honor of Audrey, I put on my pink Lacoste shirt, grabbed my camera and took pictures of everything pink that I could find.
Here's what I came up with, beginning with my own personal pinks.







My personal pinks.



My new Starbucks thermal cup



Flowers from a friend.








The only pink carriage on 59th Street








Uggs. Sweet!






Barney's store windows





Bears at FAO Swartz


Furry little evening bag at Bergdorf's. I nearly got arrested taking this one.








Perfectly Pink...good for kissing





Sisters at 7th Avenue Street Fair





Street fair ware





Window dressing





Pooch at the street fair





The most divine strawberry shake from Godiva Chocolate shop, made only of ice, strawberries and white chocolate. Nectar of the gods, surely!



Ok, well I thought about him overnight and even though he may be genuine art, the answer is no. For that amount of money, I could have Strawberry Godiva shakes every day AND the furry pink handbag from Bergdorf's.

Yes, Audrey, tomorrow is another day, and perhaps I shall be one of those happy girls who laughs a lot and burns off excess calories in the process. I certainly believe in the power of pink, just like you, and I believe in miracles too. And it was you who once said, "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.'" Goodnight, dear girl.
And goodnight all.
Love,
Anna



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. amen to loving pink. great color and a great blog.

    ReplyDelete