Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 3...Apple Bites







"Hey Girlfriend, shall we do our exercise routine to start the day?"
Well, that didn't last too long. Her legs are twice as long as mine and I'm pretty much a wimp. I think I'll just call for the car now and go do some shopping. Shopping always helps me get over severe muscle strain.






I'M KIDDING, of course.

What I really meant to say is, come along with me while I explore my new neighborhood. I'm staying at The Affinia Gardens Hotel, very well- located on 64th St. Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. What this means is that I'm not too far from the major museums and my favorite haunts on Madison and Lexington Avenues. There shouldn't be one thing that I will need that I won't be able to find right around my hotel or within a few blocks. Why, even when I decided to buy a grand piano for my NY apartment, there was a Steinway and Co. store just a hop skip and a jump away.





JUST KIDDING !!!

But golly, golly, they are beautiful and the store is amazing.

Anyhow, back to exploring the neighborhood. Every day on my way to art school I walk past lovely townhouses that line 64th Street.





I first cross Lexington Ave., then 3rd Ave., then the beautiful flower lined Park Avenue and Madison Ave. until I finally come to Central Park on 5th Ave.
I enter the park at the Zoo and make my way around the winding paths until I find a beautiful spot to sit down and have my lunch.








The park is a very busy place but I always manage to find just the right spot to eat my liverwurst and tomato sandwich. ( this time I am NOT kidding. I love them!)
I saw the cutest pug dog in the park yesterday that had on burnt orange socks!! A dog after my own heart!!!








After art class I walk home down a different street every day, scoping out places I want to return to later. Today on the way home I stopped at Starbucks and bought a coffee press style coffee maker and the MacKenzie Childs store to buy a bar of soap.



Oh, I adore this city. It makes me feel very alive because there is an excitement and an energy here unlike any other city I've ever been to. Yes, even in this mostly concrete jungle of Manhattan Island, one can find beauty, culture, kindness, and lots of friendly people everywhere seeking the good ole American Dream. The frantic pace of life can obscure the significant and the magical moments that parade before us day after day after day. Or we can choose to live every moment- be fully present in every moment -so that we won't miss a single thing. Audrey said it well: "Pick the day. Enjoy it to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come....The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."
Here's to not fretting .... about anything. I have a baseball cap that says on the back of it, No Sniveling. I wish I had brought it, but I won't fret over it.
Goodnight beautiful, mysterious Audrey, and goodnight all,
Love,
Anna



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Dear Anna, Love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna...what a journey and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can tell NY doesn't have 'yet'...and needs asap is ME! I love those soaps too!

    ReplyDelete