Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 1...Apple bites

Well, this Texas woman made it to town, but not in time for breakfast. I had to unpack first... a month's worth of clothes and art supplies, and rearrange the furniture in my hotel room. However, about noon I did manage to get to Tiffany's for....... ICE CREAM. Yes, scoops and dips and cones in every 5th Avenue window, all laden with tiny jewels and precious stones a la Tiffany mode.





I'll have a double dip of diamonds and emeralds please.





Slurp!!!



All you Texans out there.... remember the umbrella? They actually need those things in this part of the world. It rained 7 inches here the day I arrived.



Alright, I won't be greedy. A single dip of pearls will do quite nicely.

Well folks, I'm anxious to post this and see if it really works like my blog counselor, bless her patient little heart, says it will. I hope you'll come along with me on this adventure as I take some dainty bites out of The Big Apple.

Thank you, Audrey, for allowing me to join you for breakfast at Tiffany's and for being my heroin all these years. Thank you for the work of your hands and the work of your heart and for giving yourself to me and the rest of the world. We are indeed enriched by having known you.
Love,
Anna








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


2 comments:

  1. Anna - I'm so proud of you! A blogger!

    Audrey is my daughter's heroine too AND her favorite city is New York.

    I sent your blog to her today and I'm sure she will subscribe.

    Love,

    Fellow Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog i miss u greatly i have all the faith that u will have a very blessed time in N.Y. love your helper B

    ReplyDelete